
I spent most of the day willing myself not to barf. Finally this afternoon I couldn't hold back any longer and I experienced the ice cream cone we shared for the second time. While my head was in the sink Lacy strolled on over and said to me, "Hey mom... just between you and me, maybe this baby wasn't such a good idea." It's a curious experience to laugh and yack at the same time!
On the days (most of them) when I can't stomach the smell of food, I tend to take Lacy to the drive-thru for dinner. The one place I can handle is Taco Bell (crazy pregnancy thing!). Not surprisingly, today was one of those days.
As we pulled up, Lacy was begging me to go inside to sit down and not use the drive thru. I was feeling a bit better so I told her we could go inside and eat. As we started to walk in she turned to me and said, "Mom, you need to try hard not to barf in here. Try REAL hard, got it?" I promised to do my best.
Upon finding a booth, I decided to introduce Lacy to the spork. I'm pretty sure she'd never seen one before and I was excited to hear her take on it.
"Check this out, Lace! It's a spork"
"Mom, it's called a FORK"
"No, look... it's a spoon and a fork. We call it a spork."
"MOM. THAT IS A FORK."
"No, really, look it is a spoon on the bottom and a fork on the top. They call that a SPORK. See? Spoon.... Fork.... cool huh?"
"Ummm.... no, (refusing to take it) I'm not so sure about that thing. No thanks."
2 comments:
tell her its a runcible spoon. :)
She is just too too much! ;-)
Post a Comment