Friday, July 07, 2006

2nd of July celebration


Last Saturday was the HUGE family ice cream competition. Twenty-one entries were placed. I was pretty confident I would win, yet I did not. I must say that I am a little disappointed to have lost the golden scooper award. My entry was called Coca-Nutty 'Nanner. I know, I know. It was a shock to me as well.
*
Everyone in this family takes the food rivalry very seriously. Entries are only placed into competition after hours of preparation and often many attempts at perfection. Sometimes costly attempts.
*
One of those entries was placed by our cousin David (naked guy to the left). His entry was called Double Chunk #32. David went to the store and spent $32 on ingredients for ONE PINT of ice cream. His wife was shocked at the cost, but I, however, felt her pain because one year we had a cookie making extravaganza and MY husband spent over $60 on ingredients for our cookies! Now after bringing home David's $32 worth of ice cream ingredients, he began his trial run ice cream. Once the ice cream had been churned, he placed it onto a large bowl of tupperware to freeze. When his ice cream was finally ready to taste, David carried it into the living room and happened to drop the giant, frozen-solid, bowl of ice cream onto his coffee table, taking out two giant chunks of wood. Hence, the name Double Chunk #32.
*
In addition to the ice cream, we did eat a ton of fantastic food, but that is the norm with our group!

No comments: