Thursday, July 27, 2006

I just hate it when I can't sleep...

It's nearly 2 am and I am still wide awake. I hate this. I had a glass of wine around 9:30 and I was ready to fall over and sleep on the living room floor... but now I am wide awake. Our stupid cats won't stop moving around on the bed and now my mind is back "on" and working overtime again. I hate it when that happens. Guess I'll just write about my day...
*
Earlier this afternoon Randy and I went into Redlands to get some groceries... on our way into town we stopped by set of new homes being sold. Just for laughs, we pulled over and checked them out. As it turns out, the homes STARTED at $1 Million. Seriously. These are freaking tract homes. The highest home was $1.4 Million. In Redlands! That is all I could think. Hello!?! This is Redlands, folks. 20 minutes away from Beaumont. If a person is going to drop $1.4 million on a freaking house, please do it somewhere else. While Randy really liked the homes, I was disgusted. (It's the pragmatic Cramer part of me, I suppose) All I could think about while walking through the 4850 sq.ft. property was how embarrassing it would be to have people over. This home wasn't about having lots of room for a big family, it was about being gloriously ostentatious. Who needs a wet bar in the master bedroom? Apparently somebody with a big mortgage, that's who!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Atta girl... keep that practical side! I've decided that occasionally, I can go off the practical thing... but only for special occasions.